Friday, March 21, 2003

Oscar Predictions


I’m going to a gay Oscar night party with Rich on Sunday.  This is only the second one I’ve ever been to, for good or for ill.  And as usual, I’ve only seen a handful on the nominees.  (Chicago, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Spirited Away, and Ice Age are it for this year, while last year, I think I had only seen Moulin Rouge!, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and Shrek; pretty consistent, ain’t I?)

Here are two predictions for this year:
  1. The Hours will win, but just by a nose.
  2. Whether #1 comes true or not, host Steve Martin will use that joke.
(Okay, I was wrong.  Denzel Washington used that joke when presenting the award.)



Updated on June 29, 2010
 

No comments:

Post a Comment