Monday, January 23, 2012

Dream Journal: January 22, 2012


Okay, Moses, interpret this sucker!
I took off on my hang glider from the Marin headlands, across the water, parallel to the Golden Gate Bridge.  As I sailed across the water, I saw thrashing in the water below, a shark feeding frenzy.  At first I thought they were megalodons, but then I realized that they were black on top and white on the bottom, black scorpion sharks.

After I landed in the Presidio, I finished off my pint glass of beer and set it on the grass.  Looking into the water of the bay near the shore, I saw a severed arm moving along the bottom, almost like it was crawling by its fingers.  The arm had been in the water a long time; I could tell by what was either algae on it or bits of flesh peeling off.

I went and got the park police, but the arm was gone when we got back.  They quizzed me at length about it, especially interested in what type of sleeve was on the arm.  (It had a dark band at the wrist, so I thought maybe it was a sailor shirt.)  They sent divers into the bay looking for it, but they couldn’t find it.  But they did find the severed head of an albino alligator, which they showed me on a turkey platter, sitting on top of a ring of lettuce greens.
Megalodons are giant prehistoric sharks, long extinct.  There is no such thing as a “black scorpion shark”.

I guess I slept in a weird position with my arm crooked up, and it fell (ahem) asleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment