Sunday, August 2, 2009

Europe 2009: Berlin (Saturday, August 1)


I didn’t sleep particularly well.  First was simply the time frame, going to bed at 5:30 am for the second night in a row.  Second was the bed: it’s a converted hospital bed, I guess, with the mattress just a foam cushion on the metal base, neither thick nor pleasant and with a joint in it 1/3 of the way down to allow for folding or angling.  Worst, though, was the club music from the Connection disco, which vibrated the entire building, and apparently continued until 7 am.  I fell asleep before then, but it would not have been a good sleep.  The owner of the Kinky Tulip tells me that other rooms had it worse, but I’ not convinced he is right; since I could see the back of the bar from my window, I think I was closest to the music.

After a nice breakfast (the Kinky Tulip has a nice kitchen/living room, with self-serve breakfast and snacks available for whenever you crawl out of bed) and blogging time, I cruised around the Schöneberg neighborhood, buying some souvenirs and such.

Had a beer at a bar near the Kinky Tulip, and then dinner at Trattoria á Muntagnola, a south Italian cuisine cafe, where I had Insalata Pomodoro and Gnocchi di Ricotta (in sage and butter sauce).  This was one of one a couple nicer meals I had during the trip, rather than mostly quick/fast food and the like.

That evening, I went to a private party.



Updated on March 1, 2010.

Updated on March 2, 2010.

Updated on May 14, 2010
Moved part of this post to the Sounds Kinky-er blog:
http://soundskinkyer.blogspot.com/2009/08/europe-2009-berlin-saturday-august-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment