Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What Were They Thinking?
    — Houston, We Have a Problem

“What Were They Thinking?” highlights products and presentations which just don’t make sense.

Back in October, I was purchasing a flight to Houston for an event there.  The American Airlines website handily recognized that I had been on their site in the past couple days, looking at pricing.

Having your website follow up on a search query to try and make a sale: that’s nice customer service.

Unfortunately (and you can’t tell it completely from the snippet of the second email shown here), I had completed the purchase of the trip the day before.

Having your website follow up on a search query to try and make a sale that has already been made on that same wesbite: that’s braindead customer service.

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might as well check things out.

    I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to checking out your web page
    again.

    Here is my blog post ... nottingham motorhomes

    ReplyDelete